Mr. Prescott has extensive experience representing clients in matters involving insurance defense and claims, including both providing coverage opinions and prosecuting coverage claims. Mr. Prescott has assisted clients in preparing general and property liability claims, business interruption (time value and extra expense), hurricane damage claims, flood claims, professional liability claims, and personal injury claims.
A sample representative matters include:
- Representation of Gulf Coast Shipyard in an insurance claim for property damage and business interruption and coverage against its excess property insurer resulting from the sinking of historically large drydock.
- Representation of power plant owner in business interruption claim arising from damage to steam turbine
- Represented insurer in coverage matter regarding damage to apartment buildings under construction in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Representation of insurers in limitation of liability action stemming from Hurricane Katrina
- Representation of insurers in various personal injury defense matters