Mr. Prescott has represented clients in government contracting matters, including in the area of contractual disputes arising from the procurement and construction of ships for the United States. He has provided clients with advice and contract risk analysis in connection with a review and interpretation of government solicitations, requests for bids, and applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) clauses. He has advised clients to help mitigate risk through contracts, change orders, and modification negotiations. He has the assisted clients in the United States Court of Federal Claims (COFC) and United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) in matters involving bid protests, appeals of requests for equitable adjustments, termination decisions, and other matters.
His representative matters include:
- Preparation of Requests for Equitable Adjustment for additional structural analysis for oceanographic survey vessels
- Preparation of Requests for Equitable Adjustment for United States Navy Auxiliary Vessels
- Preparation of a Request for Equitable Adjustment for the provision of late or inaccurate government furnished information related to Foreign Military Sales of patrol boats.
- Represented Gulf Coast Shipyard in assessing bid protest prospect of success
- Represented shipyard in the prosecution of Federal Tort Claims Act claim of misappropriation of a trade secret against the United States and defense of third-party claims of United States related thereto.