Mr. Prescott has represented clients in complex construction arbitrations throughout the Gulf Coast and has been admitted Pro Hac Vice in the Federal District Courts of the states of Texas, Maine, and New York.
Prior to starting the Law Office of James D. Prescott, III LLC, Mr. Prescott was a partner in a boutique construction and commercial litigation law firm in New Orleans that merged with a national law firm in 2018.
Mr. Prescott has been named as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in the field of Construction law in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019. Mr. Prescott is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble.Contact James
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Louisiana
- All state courts in Louisiana
- Founder, Catholic High School (Baton Rouge) Alumni Fishing Rodeo
- Member, Catholic High School (Baton Rouge) Alumni Association
- Board of Directors, 2006-2008
- J.D. and Bachelor of Civil Law Studies, Paul M Hebert Law Center, 2005
- Member, Louisiana Law Review
- Chancellor’s List
- Bachelor of Science-Finance, Louisiana State University, 2001